It is the policy of the Niles School of Cosmetology that it does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, race, color, ethnic or national origin, or religion in its’ admission and other practice, policies or procedures.
Prospective students for the Cosmetology course must meet the following requirements to be admitted:
- Have a high school diploma, transcript, or its equivalent as evidenced by any of the items on the following non-exhaustive list: copy of diploma, copy of GED certificate, copy of transcript showing high school completion, copy of state authorized examination that the State of Illinois recognizes as the equivalent of a high school diploma (eg, HISET or TASC); or
- Is at least 16 years of age; or
- If enrolled under a training agreement with a government agency, school district, and/ or other entity, the student meets the admission requirements set out in the training agreement and/ or applicable state licensing or certification regulations;
- Is beyond the age of compulsory school attendance upon admission;
- Fulfills criteria for admission under one of the ability to benefit (ATB) alternatives if the student was enrolled in a Title IV eligible program prior to July 1, 2012.